16 Blocks
I was Punk’d into doing this.

Theatrical Release Date: 03/03/2006
Director: Richard Donner
Cast: Bruce Willis, Mos Def, David Morse

We all miss John McClain, so I looked forward to seeing “16 Blocks”.

And it started in the same fashion as “Die Hard 3″ with the revelation that Willis’ character is an increasingly drunk police officer who happens to also be increasingly ineffective at his job. Oh yeah, he’s also estranged from whatever relationship he was in.

Take that character, increase the booze, decrease the quips, add a character with an annoying voice (played by Mos Def), and you’ve got 90% of the movie. The remaining 10% is interesting enough to watch for an evening with nothing better to do, but it’s nothing I’d ever need to see again. I’ll give it a 2 out of 5.